Search & Win

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Fuzz

I have some post that are going to be going up with all the sewing projects I have done lately.

But first, I thought it was important that I mention this.

I am NO sewing machine mechanic. I don't profess to be one.
Therefore I never take my machine apart....at all cost.
But after a bunch of crazy days sewing and fabric that was shedding, my machine started acting all crazy.
I was devastated because there are so many more things I need/ wanted to make and I have no money to have the thing looked at. So I took matters into my own hands.
I got out the manual, looked up how to clean and oil the silly thing and set to work.
I was hoping to the high heavens that I would be able to get the thing back together the way it's supposed to be. I took the two screws out that I read about in the manual and lifted the metal piece off.

OH MY What I found made my mind spin.After getting it all cleaned out I took a picture to show the world what was in there.

YEAH! YUCK!!!!!! The poor thing was FILLED with all this fuzz. I guess that is what happens after sewing on the machine for 4+ years and never doing any "maintenance" on it.
So to all you that sew.....open up your machines and clean. them. out. every once in a while!

After about twenty minutes of sweating bullets, I finally got the machine put back together the way it's supposed to be. Then I finished the project I was working on!
Lesson learned there.....I will not be afraid to clean the thing ever again!

No comments:

Post a Comment