Search & Win

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Pin Cushion

I saw this tutorial on some website (not sure which one) a long time ago. I've the idea in the back of my mind for sometime but never had the ambition to actually get it done.
That was until I started sewing more and had pins every and could never find my scissors.
So I pulled out some scrap fabric I had sitting around and made something similar.

When I look at tutorials I usually just skim through them and think about how cute there are, file them in the back of my mind thinking that someday I will make that. Then I can never find the darn thing when I want to make it. I never actually read them and follow them. I use my memory and come up with something.

This is what I came up with from the picture I had in my mind.

It goes up over my desk and my machine sits on it. Then it has two pockets on it and a pin cushion that is removable. Having a pin cushion right there by the machine is such a concept! I love it. Also, my scissors go in the bigger of the two pockets and I never have to go searching for them. It's SO nice. 
So the pin cushion is removable. It has a bobby pin on the backside so it can attach to my pants or just come along with me where I need pins.
Also by making this little project I found the importance of having a sharp straight pin. Some of my pins I have had for years. But I was able to go through them as I was putting them in the cushion and threw quite a few away. So I will not have to pull out a million pins just to find one that will go through the fabric I am pinning together. Sewing just got so sew much better.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment