Search & Win

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Time Flies

Wow Christmas is almost here and I have done nothing other than put up a tree. YIKES!!!
I guess it's a good thing that bought Colby Christmas gift at a garage sale this fall.
And it's a good thing that my mom has been out and about and picked a few other things for me here and there.

I thought I would have time after finishing the semester on December 10th.
I had professors that were kind enough to let me take finals a week early so that "just in case" the baby cam early I would have everything done.
I turned in my final paper on Friday the 10th at 1:00 p.m.
I went into labor on Saturday the 11th at 1:30 a.m.
So much for the 6 days I thought I had to get everything ready.
I went to the hospital after throwing a few things in a bag (no I had not packed it yet, I had 6 days)
and having nothing ready for the baby much less Christmas!
So the baby (thing 2) came at 12:43 p.m. on Saturday and there went the "6 days" I was counting on to get everything ready for Christmas.
Now Christmas is here and I am lucky that my sister is in town and has been willing to come over and stay with the baby so I can run out for a short minute when I need to.
I have given up on all the "hoopla" of Christmas and realized that it's not about that anyway.
We will be having a very simple Christmas this year filled with holding a new baby and mingling with family!
I am SO grateful for this wonderful reminder that came  to our lives a little early.
He has been the most wonderful blessing and has helped me really remember the real reason we celebrate this wonderful holiday!

With all that said,
my house is a mess,
my in-laws will be at my house tomorrow,
and I still need to go to the grocery store.
Somehow, I don't feel stressed.
I just know that everything will be just fine,
holding a baby seems to make everything all better anyway!

I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and hope that everyone feels the same peace I am feeling these days.
Yes my life with two kids under two is a little crazy,
But I don't feeling crazy on the inside it just looks like it on the outside!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment