Search & Win

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

I've seen this in the blogging world and I thought I'd give it a try...we'll see how it goes!

1. We are in our first day of all cloth diapers and I love it. I have a bunch of different kinds but love the flip covers the best. I have some organic cotton prefolds and they are get for night time but a little bulky for the day. I made inserts out of flannel receiving blankets and old cotton jersey clothes. They work great and are very trim. I also love that, today, I did not contribute one disposable diaper to the landfill that will take 500 years to decompose. Call me a hippy, or treehugger whatever I'm cool with that!

2. After spending the last two weekends at the farm, I am terribly behind on things around the house. The laundry is piling up, at least it's clean, and the daily chores are just lacking. Luckily I have a husband who is there to help when I can't get it all done!

3. I find that I really just want to live down there on the farm. I love the simplicity of it all.

4. On the farm we line dry our clothes. I love being able to do that. I don't get that if there is such a energy crisis these days why all cities have ordinances that you can't line dry clothes outside. It really saves on energy. Really it just doesn't make since. If you have a nice clothes line, there is nothing trashy about hanging clothes out to dry...in my opinion!

5. Potty training at our house is seemingly never going to end. My boy refuses to wear diapers but has it in his head that his underwear have to be wet BEFORE he can go to the bathroom. I just don't know what to do to change his thinking. That is also what got me interested in cloth diapers. I bought one reusable training pants and the boy and I loved them. I thought if I was already change poopy underwear and it didn't bother me then why not dump poopy diapers too. It really is not more work than washing all the underwear.

6. We are moving in three weeks and I have done no more than go through the baby clothes. Yikes I better get with it and start packing.

7. We can't wait for the beginning of the year when The Undertaker (my husband) goes back on his 10 hours day schedule, three day weekends every other week are just too good. It's been a crappy year in the work scheduling department.

8. The baby is on the move. Now I have to get back in the habit of closing AND locking the gate, and watching under my feet because that's where he always is.

9. Totally loving this fall like weather round our parts. It's been so nice to play outside and not die of heat exhaustion. It is also making me excited for the change of seasons and all the fun that comes with fall.

10. Guessing I better git on those Halloween costumes. I don't know for sure what the kiddos are going to be but I better be figuring it out so I can make them. I know that I have a turkey costume for the boy but I don't know if it is going to fit. I thought it would be cute to do a turkey and then make the baby either a pilgram or an indian and make thanksgiving cards, rather than Christmas cards, out of the pictures.

10.

No comments:

Post a Comment