Search & Win

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Living in Love

This book was sent to me free of charge in exchange for my review from Waterbrook Multnomah publisher

I don't really know what I was expecting when I starting reading this book but it seems that I did have expectations of it being good and a useful tool to help my marriage grow.
It did not disappoint. This book was helpful on many levels. The one point that was most helpful me and I took most to heart was the section on communication.
Communication is never something that I have been good at and therefore is a part of our marriage that has struggled. It's something that I have been thinking about for sometime now but just couldn't find a way to fix it. With the help of this book I had the tools to try and be a better communicator.

 I loved that the authors were so open and acknowledged that they had struggles. I loved that they talked about baggage. I have never looked and things this way. I always thought of it as problems and it just seemed like such a downer. But looking at my past as baggage really helped......because it's much easier for me to see myself throwing away my baggage than "getting rid of problems"

Living in Love was a well written book. One that I will keep on my shelf and keep as a reference guide in years to come.

Marriage is a journey and this book really helped me make strides in the journey I am on.

No comments:

Post a Comment